Book Review: Behind Green Glass by Amanda Von Hoffmann

 Behind Green Glass by Amanda Von Hoffmann

REVIEW:

Yay! I’m very much grateful for giving me a chance to read this book.
Isolde, usually called Izzy by her friends, is the newly resident of a rumored hunted house. When she found a green glass, weird things started to happen. She supposed that standing of her hairs on the back of her neck was as normal as living in her newly house. But when she saw a man behind the green glass, she concluded it wasn’t part of the normal stuff she forced to believe anymore.

Lyric was an amnesia ghost. He didn’t remember what life he was in before he died even the day when he died. When a new girl resided in the new house where his first love used to live, his world started to be revealed again. But part of the revelation of his existence was the imminent truth to be unfolded. Would it cause him a relief out of joy or rage for committing mistakes due to his false belief?

I expected this book to be more in romance, for the synopsis almost implied how romantic the story is. After reading this book, now, I would say that this is not totally a love story. If you stick with the synopsis of this book, I’m telling you: you’re lost. The relationship of Izzy and Lyric isn’t relatively romantic. At first, I admit, I thought the book was meant for the two main characters but it declined at the last quarter when I realized that the relationship of the two characters to evolve can’t already make it till the last page.

Isolde is a conservative girl and I love to know that even in books there are still people living like her. I admire his personality and, of course, her intelligence is with it. I even like how she balances the fairness situation between the people involved in a certain issue. Overall, she’s an interesting character of a book. However, I found surreal reactions of this character at the first quarter of the book. She fathoms ideas absurdly—too impossible to be done in real situation. But it wasn’t a big issue to me, then. And it didn't give me a big impact to dislike the character nor the book.

The concept has a brush of spiderweck. Using a glass of seeing otherworld beings is still a trend concept. It hasn’t been used too much in literary world as much as the vampire stuff does. The tone of the book is light and this book is an easy-read one. I don’t usually read fair folks novels but this book has changed my taste. 

Comments

Popular Posts